Lokesh Deb, M.Pharma., Ph.D.
Department/Programme Name: Medicinal Plants and Horticultural Resources Division
• 2009-2018, Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences), Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
• 2003-2005, M. Pharma. (Pharmacology), Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
2020-till date, Scientist – D (Pharmacology), IBSD-Sikkim Centre, Tadong, Gangtok, Sikkim, India
2013-2019, Scientist – C (Pharmacology), IBSD (Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India), Imphal, Manipur.
2014-2014, DBT-Associateship, MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, USA
2008-2013, Scientist – B (Pharmacology), IBSD (Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India), Imphal, Manipur.
2007-2008, Senior Lecturer, R. K. Pharmacy College, Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
2005-2007, Lecturer & Researcher, B. R. Nahata College of Pharmacy, Mandsaur. Madhya Pradesh, India
2003-2003, Lecturer, M. M. J. G College of Pharmacy, Laxmeshwar, Karnataka, India
Awards & Fellowships
2014, Best Research Paper Award, published in Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Research 2013; 3(3):135-45
2012, Biotechnology Overseas Associateship Award, Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, New Delhi
2011, Young Scientist Awarded Paper, in Pharmanext national conference at Shimla during 25-27 June
2006, Green pharmacy Award for best Oral Presentation in 2nd National, 28-29 October
Memberships (Professional Associations / Societies)
1. Life Member of The International Society for Ethnopharmacology (ISE), UK
2. Life Member of The Biotech Research Society, India [BRSI]
3. Life member of Indian Pharmacological Society. (IPS/LD-132)
4. Life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI-MP/LM-069).
5. Life member of Indian Pharmacy Graduates’ Association (IPGA/Im - 3612)
6. Life member of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA/L14211)
7. Life Member of Association of Community Pharmacists of India (R) (ACPI/TP-LM-01)
8. Life Member of Laboratory Animal Science Association of India (LASAI/L-569)
9. Life Member of Association of Pharmacy Professionals (APP/MN/LM-001/12)
10. Life member of Vijnana Bharati, New Delhi, India (VIBHA/1251)
As a Guest Editor
‘Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity’ (ISSN: 1942-0994) Hindawi (IF – 3.516)
As an Associate Editor
International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical research (ISSN- 0975-1491)
As an Editorial Board Member
1. Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources (NISCIR) ISSN: 0976-0512 (Online); 0976-0504 (Print).
2. International Journal of Chemistry Research (ISSN: 0976-5689)
3. Indian Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biotechnology (ISSN: 2320 – 3471(Online) & 2321 5674 (Print).
4. Pharmaceutical and Biosciences Journal (ISSN: 2347-9442)
1. Completed R & D training on General techniques of animal cell and tissue Culture, SRB, MTT, Cyto-toxicity test etc. under Dr. A. K. Balapure, Head Tissue & Cell Culture Unit, Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow, from 01st September, 2008 to 12th September, 2008 Sponsored by IBSD, (DBT, Govt of India), Takyelpat, Imphal, Manipur.
2. Completed a training workshop on Basic Statistics and It's Application organized by Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) (An autonomous institute under Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India) Takyelpat Institutional Area, Imphal - 795001. Manipur, INDIA during 16th -21st August, 2010 at Conference hall, IBSD, Imphal.
3. Completed a hands-on training in the use of HPLC and HPTLC for quantification of bioactive natural product from crude extract or biological samples, organized by Natural Remedies Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore during 6th -9th April, 2012 at Quality Control Department, NRPL, Veerasandra Industrial area, Bangalore - 560100.
4. Completed a Basic course on flow cytometry and hand-on training for the use of FACS Aria system, organized by Center for Cellular & Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, Bangalore during 10th -13th April, 2012 at C-CAMP, NCBS-TIFR, GKVK, Bellary road, Bangalore - 560065.
5. Participated in the 'CPCSEA Eastern Zonal Workshop' on Laboratory Animal Experimentation organized by Committee for the Purpose of control and supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA) Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India, 8th Floor Jeevan Prakash Building, 25, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi on 4th May, 2012 at R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata, India.
6. Participated in the 'Science and Communication Workshop' organized by Wellcometrust - DBT (Govt. of India), INDIA ALLIANCE during 25th -26th July, 2012 at Classic Hotel, Imphal
7. Attended a pre-seminar workshop on prevention & management of Diabetes: Prospects & Challenges organised by Asian Network of research on anti-diabetic Plants (ANRAP) at RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata, India on 14th September, 2012.
8. Completed a Trainers training on "Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP) for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants", organized by Directorate of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research Boriavi (ICAR), Anand, Gujarat and National Medicinal Plants Board, New Delhi during 25th - 29th September, 2012 at DMAPR, Anand, Gujarat
9. Completed Biotechnology Overseas Associateship programme in Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutic, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Centre, 1901 East Road, UNIT -1950 Houston, Texas 77054-6010, USA on the research Topic: “Targeting inflammatory pathways and mediators, expressed under used of dietary, traditional medicine and nutraceutical for prevention and therapy of arthritis and cancer” during February 3 to July 28, 2014.
1. Appointed as Scientific Session Chairperson in 7th International congress of Society for Ethnopjharmacology, India held at Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi during February 15-17, 2020.
2. Appointed as Sikkim State Coordinator for Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM) 2019-2020 program.
3. Appointed as a ‘Micro Observer’ for Parliamentary General Election-2019 and Assembly Election of Sikkim-2019.
4. Since 2012, CPCSEA, Animal Welfare Division, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India, 8th Floor Jeevan Prakash Building, 25, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi nominated as Link Nominee for Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC), Regional Institute of Medical Science, Lamphelpat, Imphal, Manipur - 795001 for monitoring animal experimentation.
5. Appointed as Scientific Session Chairperson in 12th International Congress of Ethnopharmacology on “Traditional Medicine and Globalization – The Future of Ancient Systems of Medicine” organized by School of Natural Product Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India at Science City, Kolkata during 17th -19th February, 2012.