The Bioinformatics Centre at the Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) was established under Biotechnology Information System Network (BTISNet) of DBT in the year 2006 as Distributed Information Sub-Centre (DISC). The centre is involved in both analytical and developmental works of the institute and provides continuous support for bioinformatics and IT related works. Since March 2020 the centre is maintained by the core fund of the institute. The centre is equipped with many desktop computer systems, workstations, servers with high speed internet connection.
- Supporting bioinformatics research and developmental works
- Organizing bioinformatics awareness programmes
- Documentation of NER resources
Bioinformatics R&D and IT Support
The centre is supporting all the verticals of the institute by the means of computational interventions and involved in Whole genome analysis, Transcriptomic analysis, Metagenomic microbiota analyses (NGS data analysis, Complete pipeline, raw data to meaningful information), structural bioinformatics (modelling, docking, MD simulations), survey and documentation, evolutionary studies, and statistical inference studies. Many new scripts are created by the centre to assist these studies. Not only to the scientific staff of the institute but also the scientists of few other institutes are taking support from the centre. The centre is also maintaining and developing biodiversity databases for the North East region on Flora, Fauna and Microbes of the region. Apart from the research works, additionally the centre is involved in many IT related works like, development and management of the institute website, internet, intranet, system/ server maintenance, etc. All seminars, webinars, talks, meetings, conferences, including virtual ones are also handled by the centre staff. The centre is currently leading by Rajendra K. Labala, a bioinformatics professional.
- Devi EJ, Labala RK, Modak R, Singh NS, & Devi HS. (2020) Molecular detection of “Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus” causing HLB in Manipur and correlation of its incidence with elevation. Tropical Plant Pathology. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40858-020-00392-3. IF: 1.33
- Imrat, Labala RK, Velhal S, Bhagat S, Patel V, Jeyaram K. (2020) Small double-stranded RNA with anti-HIV activity abundantly produced by Bacillus subtilis MTCC5480 isolated from fermented soybean. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2020.06.112. IF: 5.16
- Khan ZA, Yumnamcha T, Mondal G, Devi SD, Rajiv C, Labala RK, Sanjita Devi H and Chattoraj A. (2020) Artificial Light at Night (ALAN): A Potential Anthropogenic Component for the COVID-19 and HCoVs Outbreak. Frontiers in Endocrinology. 11:622. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2020.00622. IF: 3.64
- Raval IH, Labala RK, Raval KH, Chatterjee S, & Haldar S. (2020) Characterization of VopJ by modelling, docking and molecular dynamics simulation with reference to its role in infection of enteropathogen Vibrio parahaemolyticus. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, DOI: 10.1080/07391102.2020.1734486. IF: 3.31
- Tuikhar N, Keisam S, Labala RK, Imrat, Ramakrishnan P, Arunkumar MC, Ahmed G, Biagi E, & Jeyaram K. (2019) Comparative analysis of the gut microbiota in centenarians and young adults shows a common signature across genotypically non-related populations. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, doi: 10.1016/j.mad.2019.02.001. IF: 4.30
- Kumar S, Thorat SS, Mondal G, Singh PD, Labala RK, Singh LA, Somkuwar BG, & Thongam B. (2019). Morphological characterization and ecology of Utricularia aurea Lour. Advances in Plants & Agriculture Research, 9(1):61?63. doi: 10.15406/apar.2019.09.00412.
- Chanu MB, Labala RK, Sheikh Y, Borah JC, Ghosh SK, Sahoo D, Singh OJ, Shakya A, & Thongam B. (2018) Bioassay guided isolation of ?-glucosidase inhibitory compound, in vivo postprandial anti hyperglycemia and docking study of the isolated compound from the leaves of the methanolic extract of Quercus serrata. Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications, 11(4): 647-657. doi: 10.21786/bbrc/11.4/16. IF: 1.4
- Khan ZA, Labala RK, Yumnamcha T, Devi SD, Mondal G, Devi HS, Rajiv C, Bharali R, &Chattoraj A. (2018) Artificial Light at Night (ALAN), an alarm to ovarian physiology: A study of possible chronodisruption on zebrafish (Danio rerio). Science of the Total Environment, 628-629, 1407-1421. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.02.101. IF: 6.55
- Raghav A, Khan ZA, Labala RK, Ahmad J, Noor S, &Mishra BK. (2018) Financial burden of diabetic foot ulcers to world: a progressive topic to discuss always. Therapeutic Advances in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 9(1):29-31. doi: 10.1177/2042018817744513. IF: 2.17
- Singh KD, Labala RK, Devi TB, Singh NI, Chanu HD, Sougrakpam S, Nameirakpam BS, Sahoo D, & Rajashekar Y. (2017) Biochemical efficacy, molecular docking and inhibitory effect of 2, 3-dimethylmaleic anhydride on insect acetylcholinesterase. Scientific Reports, 7(1):12483. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-12932-0. IF: 3.99
- Nongthombam GD, Labala RK, Das S, Handique PJ, & Talukdar NC. (2017) Evaluation and Selection of Potential Biomass Sources of North-East India towards Sustainable Bioethanol Production. Frontiers in Energy Research, 5:16. doi: 10.3389/fenrg.2017.00016. IF: 2.74
- Khan ZA, Labala RK, Mondal G, Devi HS, Rajiv C, Yumnamcha T, Devi SD, Bharali R, Thorat SS, & Chattoraj A. (2016) The daily expression profile of Neuropeptides (gnih, gnrh3, kiss1 and kiss2): A study of possible interaction in the brain of Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Journal of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Vol 20(1), 129-138. doi: 10.18311/jer/2016/15662.
- To provide a national bio-information network designed to bridge the inter-disciplinary gaps in biotechnology information and to establish link among scientists in organizations involved in R&D and manufacturing activities in biotechnology.
- To build up information resources, prepare databases on biotechnology and to develop relevant information handling tools and techniques.
- To continuously assess information requirements, organize creation of necessary infrastructure and to provide information and computer support services to the national community of users.
- To establish linkages with international resources in Biotechnology Information ( e.g. Databanks, published literature, patents and other information of scientific and commercial value).
- To evolve and implement programme on education of users and training of information scientists responsible for handling of biotechnology research and development.
- To develop, support and enhance and public information resources for biotechnology e.g. Gene banks, molecular biology data and related research information resources.
- To undertake preparing and publishing survey, state-of-the-art reports and forecasts for various branches of the sector.
Institute Of Bioresources And Sustainable Development (IBSD)
TAKYELPAT, IMPHAL, MANIPUR- 795001 (INDIA)
- Rajendra K. Labala, Information Officer (Bioinformatics)
- L. Amitkumar Singh, Technical Assistant