|1.||Prof. S. K. Sopory, Former Vice Chancellor, Jawarharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||Chairman|
|2.||Dr. R. Uma Shaanker, Department of Crop Physiology and School of Ecology and Conservation, University of Agricultural Sciences, GKVK, Bangalore||Co-Chairman|
|3.||Dr. C. K. Katiyar, CEO Helth Care (Technical), Emami Ltd., 687, Anandpur, EM Bypass, Kolkata||Member|
|4.||Dr. Ramakant Harlalka, Nishant Aromas, 424 Milan Industrial Estate, T.J. Road Cotton Green, Mumbai||Member|
|5.||Prof. S. R. Yadav, Dept. of Botany, Shivaji University, Vidya Nagar, Kolhapur||Member|
|6.||Dr. Tilak Raj Sharma, Executive Director, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali||Member|
|7.||Dr. Ramesh V. Sonti, Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR), New Delhi||Member|
|8.||Prof. S. R. Rao, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong||Member|
|9.||Prof. Paramjit Khurana, Head, Department of Plant Molecular Biology, South Campus, University of Delhi||Member|
|10.||Dr. Ashok Pandey, Head, Centre for Biofuels & Biotech, CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram||Member|
|11.||Dr. Ajay Parida, Director, Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar||Member|
|12.||Dr. Jyoti Saroop, General Manager, Unati Cooperative Marketing cum Processing Society, Talwara, Punjab||Member|
|13.||Dr. Anil Prakash Joshi, Director, Himalayan Environmental Studies & Conservation Organization (HESCO), Dehradun||Member|
|14.||Dr. A. K. Sahu, Former Principal Scientist, Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Bhubaneswar||Member|
|15.||Advisor, DBT (Ex-officio)||Member|
|16.||Director, IBSD, Imphal (Ex-officio)||Member Secretary|
Terms of Reference:
– The Committee will periodically monitor the progress of various research projects being undertaken by the institute and will recommend mid-course corrective measures as and when required.
– The Committee will advice on all scientific issues of the institute that include launching of new research projects, human resource development, technical collaboration, technology transfer, etc.
– The SAC may constitute its Sub-Committee(s) in specific areas as and when required to monitor the progress of specific research projects / technical programmes and also for new initiatives and implementation of quality Partnership Programmes in research, outreach, demonstration, training, etc. in NE states by IBSD in collaboration with other institutions / universities etc.
– The SAC will meet once in six months or more frequently, if deemed necessary.
– The expenditure towards TA/DA (including air-fare, if any) and sitting fee etc. in respect of the non-official members of the Committee will be borne by the institute as per rules.
– The terms of the SAC will be for a period of three years.